15 December 2008

upgrade to epic fail and getting the freedom ball rollin'

I certainly earned the upgrade--had five days to NOT procrastinate for two back-to-back Friday finals, so I made sure to waste them away completely. Just waiting 'til the dark day when grades are posted, at that time I'll wallow my sorrows in a lot of nestle cookie dough.

Interning for the Spirit Awards production department is going to be far different from working guest services during the LA Film Festival. I'm ready for the challenge though, and the experience will be rewarding. Again, I don't know if this really contributes much to my future career plans (not that I actually have any), but it certainly can't hurt. If nothing else, these internships are helping me become more assertive in personality, helping my networking skills since those are nonexistent. On a side note, I distribtued parking validations during the orientation meeting and guess how much parking is without it? A whopping $21. Ridonk. The Film Independent office only validates after 5pm so I'll be blue busing for my internship.

Friday night was lovely, well, lovely is a mild adjective to describe the crazy shenanigans that went down, but it was great to unwind after the worst quarter for a majority of people I know. I'm always down for a dance party. Lost my voice as usual karaoke-shouting to all the songs. Megumi and I were playing the weird selection of Queen, MGMT, Nirvana along with Britney and the required baby-making rap. But "dude, I just wanna dance." There were some overly drunk guys trying to make out with everything in the room, yayyy. Minus that and several other eye-muff moments, 'twas fun! Drove some of us to Jack In the Box around 3 A.M., a most satisfying meal.

Now, home sweet home! Hello couch where I veg out, floor where I also veg out 'cause I'm Asian and prefer ground, missed you too HBO On Demand, and kitchen (no explanation needed).

In two days I've gone through I AM LEGEND; P.S. I LOVE YOU; EVENING; DARJEELING LTD.; ANCHORMAN, all in the wee hours of early morning.

I've come to respect the Fresh Prince as an actor. He carried I AM LEGEND the whole way through along with the gorgeous German Shepherd that played Sam. I jumped as much as I cried during the movie. YES, cried. [Spoiler Alert] If you were the last man on Earth with only the greatest dog companion ever, given to you by your adorable, now deceased child, and you had to kill that dog because she too was bitten and infected by a human-turned naked mole rate looking zombie, how in the blazes could you NOT cry. My description does not do justice to the scene, so please just watch it. The film had it's share of question mark situations, opened well, didn't care for the sub-par zombie flick side of it, but I forgave these because of the great performance by Mr. Smith reminiscent of Tom Hanks in castaway. You bet I was bawling when he loses Wilson the volleyball.

P.S. I LOVE YOU. Quintessential tearjercker/chick flick. Loved it. Why? because it's exactly that and gives me unrealistic, unattainable hopes about love as just about any rom-com/drama does and has me eating a bunch of junk food afterward wondering if guys like that actually exist. They do not. Or maybe they do but they're foriegn, out of my league, and I have no luck. Long story short, I want to go to Ireland, get lost, and be discovered by my very own Gerard Butler, or find my own Jeffrey Dean Morgan, or Harry Connick Jr.. Oh, and they all sing too and have nice hair. Blahhh darnit.

Before I get too depressed, winter break to-do list:
[ ] Clean up my crap all over the house
[ ] Sleep? so I don't die
[ ] Piano
[ ] learn guitar if parents have time to teach
[ ] brush up on French so I don't fail next quarter
[ ] write, anything.
[ ] accomplish the "Steph & Megan's Adventures" list
[ ] annual Big Bear. I'm REALLY excited because there will be plenty of fresh snowfall from the rain!
[ ] holiday nomz Christmas
[ ] holiday nomz New Year
[ ] annual Chrismakkuh (or the other zillion ways to spell that) @ the Glassmans
[ ] officially cleanup itunes library
[ ] George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic concert, Nat??!
[ ] uhm...there's more but Smalls just hit the homer with his stepdad's Babe Ruth ball over to the Beast. Damn, I forgot how much i love this movie.

No comments: