25 December 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful

...not really. It's pleasantly crisp, maybe a bit nippy, but I'm not one to complain after the mountains.

Anywho, IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!
I'm obviously not as starry-eyed eager as I used to be when I laid out cookies and milk in prep for Santy Claus, but I still love the holiday season--as long as I'm not shopping eve or day after. I am forever grateful to my parents for keeping up the Santa Claus gig as long as they did. Flashback. Woosh!

My dad made sure to drink half the milk and bite half the cookies to achieve realism. Mom would sign the North pole gifts with her left hand and use a different set of wrapping paper so I wouldn't suspect anything. They'd both take me to the post office to "mail" my wish list off to Santa. Gosh, that was the life. Until one day, my world came tumbling down, "You know there's no Santa, right?" To which I pretty much freaked out, "Wha??" =..( I was in fifth grade. Glad she finally told me then or I'd be even more lame than I already am. She also revealed the truth about the Tooth Fairy at the same time. What a traumatic day.

Now, we are mutually frugal, lazy, and efficient. Family Xmas gathering is at our house this year, meaning CLEAN WHOLE HOUSE. But we saved ourselves as much labor as possible. Dad put up our fake tree and threw on the net light. I put on the colorful fabric ball ornaments that I took last Christmas while working at the GAP. Bam! Tree done 10 minutes flat.

Since the trip, I've been spending a great deal of time with my love, family room couch. Not to worry, I have been productive, watching just about every film on HBO On Demand, reading books and mags, getting up to help clean house, cook and do some shopping. !!! I've also gone to bed--actually fallen asleep--before midnight for the past three nights. ?!YESTRUTH!, crane sleeps. Obviously right now is an exception.

Mom and I christened the crockpot tonight using a brand spankin' new bag of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips, Costco size. Nom. Chocolate-covered everything is bad news for my health. I'll be experimenting more soon, melting cheese and dipping things.

Should probably get some beauty rest in preparation for the Family Gathering: Feast of Champions. Can't look too shabby for the guests, so stretchy holiday pants'll have to come after everyone leaves. For now, PJs, here I come!

Merry/Happy Holichrismakwanzukkus___ . . . !

No comments: