13 January 2009

here's my take

Renee seemed to win for worst dressed at the Globes. Maybe her hair was a little Miss Havisham, and the top half of her dress a bit sheer (not always a bad thing, right fellas?) but I honestly don't think hers, nor nearly anyone's outfit was so bizarre or overly couture, frumpy, skimpy, tacky, ___ -y enough to be considered ugly. If anyone, the worst dressed could've been me, gracing the red carpet in my Costco fuggs (fake uggs), Buffalo Exchange jeans and chic GAP outlet peacoat. Had I not been lazy, I could have crashed the Globes since they were nearby at the Beverly Hilton and made such an appearance.

Biggest observation: a whooole lotta accents and that is a-okay with me. Aussie ones, Brit ones, Irish ones, Indian ones; Simon Baker, Kate Winslet, Colin Farrell, Frieda Pinto, respectively, and many more to make me oggle and melt and wish I had one too.

I won't ramble on about my thoughts on all the awards. In a run-on nutshell: everyone deserved their wins, even a nomination is freakin' fantastic (because what am I doing with my life at age 20?), they were all ridiculously good looking, speeches were eloquent/succinct/touching or all and some darn funny--Tina and Tracy, funny woman and Barack power.

On a random note, Maral and I shared a great experience together in discovering a Spanish tv game show titled "12 Corazones." With our pathetic combined knowledge of the language and powers of observation, we concluded that a) the host was drunk and possibly a man--she was very obnoxious and aggressive, b) the male contestants looked like your neighborhood creeper with a molestache, c) the female contestants bought all their clothing from Wet Seal, and d) we are fairly certain that the show ended with four complete strangers being wed by the host. But even all this crazy cannot beat hour after hour of my biggest vice: trash/reality tv on Vh1 and MTV. Goodbye, IQ!

No comments: