02 February 2009

This is the dawning of the age of...

normalcy and regularity in sleep patterns? Could it be? I really, truly hope so. (I'm not clever enough to come up with witty titles on my own so I've resorted to song lyrics) I lived and breathed through today having gotten a full eight hours of sleep. I'll repeat that. I, Megan, slept eight consecutive hours last night.
Result: I did not do the classy head-bob through either of my English lectures and had a fairly productive time in the CEC office. This would be an appropriate time to start sleeping since I'm twenty, and y'know, over the hill.

The day ended in the most magically delicious way possible. Maral swiped me and Jolanda into Covel and I exploded.
I walked in disoriented with excitement, grabbed every, single plate from every section. Grabbed two cups, one for water and one for Sierra Mist because I knew I would need the bubbly and the H2O to digest the feast that lied ahead.

We discussed Gertrude Stein's Tender Buttons today. WHAT THE HECK?! Whew! Now that I've vented, I do appreciate what she attempted to do with her radical hermetic poetry and employment of catachresis. (Sooo totally vocab-dropping. Imagine me holding a glass of wine at a soiree trying to sound educated and pretentious with those words. Ew, no thank you.) Anyhoo, wiki both and ye shall find answers.

Second lecture on Wilde's Dorian Gray was also interesting. Mainly because of Wilde and the work. ADHD Professor Grossman, though passionate and hyper, barely gets to much analysis in his fifty minutes. As Kev observed, Grossman is basically the non-celebrity version of Will & Grace's Jack McFarland. With every lecture, I'm noticing the likeness more and more and it's disturbing. He also reminds me of Twitchy from HOODWINKED:

I'm serious. He sometimes sounds like that to me, especially when I'm tired.

Oh, yes. Spring quarter schedules and enrollment appointments were posted today. Kill me. I practiced some self-control and restraint in only making one schedule as opposed to five or six variations-hopeful-backups. UCLA does it again, releasing this life-changing information smack during midterms.

All right. Time to read, read, read...my Newsweek Commemorative Inaugural Edition. Obama's beaming face is on the cover, and I can only smile right back atcha (what a cougrrr!), Mr. Prez! Actually, I think I'll wash up, climb into beddy and read myself to sleep...

No comments: