25 February 2009

all night long

I'm not sure what brought about the insane munchies, but my Monday all-nighter from dinner 'til dawn was steadily comprised of:
rice, salmon, steak, seaweed, salad, tomato basil wheat thins, teriyaki beef jerky, fruit leather, goldfish (pepperidge farm, not live), ghiradeli, a bowl of apple jacks, a bowl of healthier cereal (boxless and anonymous), maple brown sugar oatmeal, a slice of toast with TJ whipped cream cheese and smoked salmon (as close as I could get to lox on a bagel), all washed down with water, O.J. and diet lipton green tea (diet, only 'cause that's what the coupon at Costco was for).

I posted this solely for your sake. Hopefully you feel a bit better about yourself.
_______
dineLA Ocean Avenue: 3 stars mainly for the dessert and 'cause it's pretty and located right on Ocean Ave by the beach.

Appetizers::
Raw oysters: Nothing amazing, decent oysters but they gave us the dinky leftover ones. I understand that it's the tasting menu but the whole point is to make a good impression for us tasters to want to come back.

Clam Chowder: Pretty good, not over-salted, thank goodness. That's always the downfall of a clam chowder. The floaties--what I like to call the chunky ingredients in soups--were fresh.

Entrees::
Seafood linguine: Bummer. Strange texture to the linguine, unlike any I've ever tried. Bland sauce, skimped on the seafood, tiniest mussels I've ever seen! The scallop was cooked well, but that was about it.

Salmon: Again, nothing spectacular. It was cooked nicely, but the dark meat was a bit tough and didn't cut easily. Mashed potatoes were mashed potatoes. Highlight was the Pinot Noir dried cherry sauce, delish!

Dessert::
Chocolate bread pudding w/vanilla sauce: Warm, rich, creamy, win.

Key lime & coconut tart w/strawberry sauce: Another win! Tangy and refreshing with crispy fried coconut shavings.

Oh, the bread n butter was excellent. I LOVE bread n butter...
All in all, they probably have some specialty foods that are amazing, but none of what we tried yesterday. I spotted numerous other dineLA restaurants across, down, the street and ones over includng BOA Steakhouse and I Cugini. Probably just try them out on their own some other time.

On another note, the roomie brought up the question of what in the world I might be like when I am with child and with cravings. What else could I possibly eat? I'm frightened for myself in the future and for my child who will probably be the fattest baby ever. Eesh, scary.
________
Going out to Roscoe's in about 20 minutes. All night...

1 comment:

_joochu said...

you are ridiculous.

Like Maral and I say, be careful! One day it'll all catch up to you. :P

But until then, nomnom away!