19 February 2009

48 hours later...

Pulled two consecutive all-nighters and am consequently crashing now.

I am not fancily equipped with a scanner and was too lazy to photograph my work, but I created my first-ever storyboard! Three non-consecutive scenes illustrated by yours truly via mechanical pencil--alas, I left my crayola workshop at home--based on the script for AUTUMN IN NEW YORK! Whosa Whatsa? No, not the Keanu Reeves movie; that's SWEET NOVEMBER, silly, but basically the same bittersweet conclusion (pretty lady must pass on).

Thumbs down and frown to me for procrastinating on this project. It's something I'd never done before and had I not waited 'til the last minute, I would've thoroughly enjoyed the process. Definitely felt great to have pencil in hand sketching/drawing again. The artistry did not come back easily--I tried my bestest to sketch Richard Gere and Winona Ryder, but they all ended up looking slightly Asian, and Asian they are not! After numerous rough sketches and scrolling through google images, I came up with neutral looking sketches of man and woman, decently Caucasian looking too. All my childhood bad habits rushed back instantly with this project. I spent far too much time on detail, erased erased erased, then erased some more. I guess in the shots of close-ups, the detail in the eyes did come in handy. Eyes are so tricky! And hands! I never could draw those well, still can't. They looked more like Freddy Krueger claws, so romantic. Hopefully the professor/TA takes into account the fact that some of were clueless going into the project.

In other pressing and interesting news, I found a piece of pepperoni in my purse. Not suprising since I consume at least three Wetzel pepperoni twists with butter and Parmesan a week while sitting in the CEC office with purse in lap.

Tonight will be a cozy and casual potluck: meat, meat, meat; Chinese brocolli courtesy of Jo. If interested, basic Korean BBQ marinade is easy peasy:

Soy sauce / Sesame oil / Sesame seed / Sugar /
Pepper /
Pineapple juice (balances the sugar and soy sauce) / Diced garlic (because it's garlic!) / Onion (diced or puréed mixes better) / Diced green onion

**The last four aren't absolutely necessary, but they definitely add more flavor!
Then, Magic Bullet that sh*t. Or if you don't have one, stir that sh*t.
Then you can either soak meat in bowl of sauce and cook it pronto, or put meat in freezeguard Ziploc and pour sauce in so it's fridge/freezer ready. Orrrr you can vacuum seal as my dad loves to do and preserve in freezer for many, many uses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SH*T!

Teehee.

Also your drawings were very nice.