03 February 2009

my practical 21st birthday wishlist and some whining

Option A. Clocky; because I hate coffee and desperately need this devil of an alarm clock to get me going. (It's on sale!)


Option B. Mr. Egg; because you know you want to see me run around the room chasing a flying egg clock in my cranky state of half-sleep.

Option C. The Puzzler; because you want to hear me curse out a gadget in the morning.


Option D. Mensa. Actually, scratch that. Too much for me. If you buy me this, you'll be demoted to my not cool list for a few days.

Gift option E. *Best deal!* A picture of The Little Engine That Could or Thomas the Tank Engine, so I'll know that somewhere, someone thinks-I-can.
- - - - - -
In other news, everything sucks. Apologies for my fussy-baby 'tude today.

I'm missing out on all of dineLA restaurant week. Ideally, I would be filthy rich, have no classes, and thus enjoy deluxe lunch and dinner every day until it's over. A girl can always dream. The weather is also perfect and lovely. Wah wah wah. Womp Womp.

Tomorrow night, though, Danny and I will be indulging and trying out one of the deluxe dinners. Dress code: casual smart. Seriously, wth does that mean? We're planning on wearing our Sunday bests for fun, because when I pay $44 (excluding tax/tip) for a sample dinner, I want to feel pretty--at least before I start slurping down food and expressing my approval loudly. I'm excited to break in my (designer!) Michael Kors booties--I cheated and paid $30 at DSW, but his name is still on the soles). Then I plan on having Danny critique where my outfit went wrong, since I will attempt to match the rest of my outfit to the trendiness of my shoes, as we enjoy our hopefully delish meal.

Now, I must finish this journal entry on Getrude Stein's Tender Buttons. Oh, would you listen to that play on words? She's affecting me already. Then an American Idol break during which roomie and I will be making our infamous Nestle cookie blob.

Days that Megan has practiced a normal sleeping schedule: 2 and counting...

No comments: