16 October 2008

sausquitoweedilla

Sausage + Taquito + Seaweed + Quesadilla = disgusting/delicious. Smoothie for dessert à la Magic Bullet. A wise decision by mother and me!

So much for Bruin Night Out. We got lazy after the meeting and ditched Acapulco, as much as I was craving their Sea of Cortez and steak fajitas...drool. As you can see from the above equation, I cooked the most random dinner certainly not for six strangers. They came, they ate, shenanigans happened as expected when Allen and Bobby reunite.

Bobby brought up the QuesaNachoRito from Freebirds. yum.
He and Allen attempted Lady and the Tramp with fruit roll-ups. Not romantic in any way.

We also discussed the beauty of a turducken (de-boned chicken within de-boned duck within de-boned turkey), which I'm determined to try this Thanksgiving. Though, I doubt I'll find anyone insane enough to eat it with me. Turducken might just be the last straw for my metabs. I put so much strain on that internal factory, I'm surprised it hasn't shutdown already.

SEBN meeting was short 'n' sweet. Afterward, we basically "vandalized" the chalkboards with any and every equation we could think of, philosophical questions, and yes, me tagging?! It's true. Apparently I have a decent tagging font. True story: I used to write out my friend's names on black paper with gel pens and cut them out for them to stick in their binders. It was a hot seller during recess and lunch. I also enjoyed Shawn's rendition of Bobby as a K-pop anime superhero with the coolest chalk goggles. Looked like a pokemaster.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yesterday's sneak of Repo! The Genetic Opera was certainly amusing above all things. I was thoroughly entertained. There were some gawd awful moments, but I loved the unintentional Rocky Horror/Labyrinth parallels and Sarah Brightman. I'm probably one of the sad few who knew who she was before the film. She's brilliant, though.

Another successful Q&A followed the film. Seeing and hearing how the filmmakers basically screwed the standard and did what they really wanted to do was inspiring. Just makes me want to quit school and pursue all the random activities I loved doing when I was younger. Draw, play the piano, arts and crafts, read more, maybe a skip-it and lite brite while I'm at it. Sigh. Of course, I can't forget my ultimate dream/fantasy to sing and dance in a musical, but for now we'll just stick with the occasional Miley karaoke-dance party.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It's Blue and Gold week. Rally and bonfire are tonight, as well as Mike's hockey game. I don't really feel like attending any of these festivities. I'm tired, lazy, and Debbie Downer this quarter; I hate that I feel like this. Plus, midterms and papers approach, adding onto the depression.
- - - - -
In other news, I just watched Baby Mama with Ryan. I think it's a film that only Ryan and I would appreciate at 12:30 in the morning over bowl noodles and cereal. Overall horrible, but we laughed anyway. I'm currently writing this blog while trying to watch 2046 and read its subtitles. Let's just consider it all a failed attempt at multi-tasking. Basically, I just want to mail these back asap so I can keep the movies coming. Tsotsi and The Valet are next in queue. Should be excellent!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Diablo Cody blogged about the magicalness of the Magic Bullet and I immediately thought of you: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=301249153