09 October 2008

Bah, Humbug

Everyone seems to be burnt out, over school, unmotivated. I don't know how to go about solving this problem. Midterms are coming up. Winter break could not be further away. I really hope I can change up my attitude somehow, or I'll end up the biggest Scrooge McDowner. Ugh.

In other news, I spent some quality time alone in the CEC office today, admiring the ridonkulous screen on the MAC, answering a phone call from a gentleman who was wondering if we had any events celebrating Yom Kippur. I let him down politely.

Tomorrow is gonna be an arduous work day from nine to five, yes, just like Dolly, except I won't be holding my boss hostage with the help of Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda.
I'll be setting up voter registration forms in the post office, a personal project in my efforts to do whatever I can for this election, and to help UCLA reach the highest percentage of registrants so we can win a Death Cab concert! I even made flyers! I couldn't go crazy with them, since it's the post office, but they get the major points across.

Life observation and pet peeve: people never read instructions when filling out forms. I find myself robotically repeating the speech on "Certified Mail is ...", "Delivery Confirmation is..." and it's frustrating. Even with voter registration, I've had people who fill out the form in front of me, asking whether they need to fill out the next line, then the next, and the next. There are 18 items, two of which are noted optional. Please read.

Tonight holds much potential for fun! We've decided to go all out and have dinner Gossip Girl style, i.e., us trying to put together our snazziest Chuck, Blair, and Serena ensembles. This is probably the only time we'll be going to the Hotel Angeleno for a fancy dinner; might as well dress up and enjoy it.

No comments: