13 October 2008

ridiculous



The CEC retreat this weekend was insane, tiring, but lovely. I admit I was apprehensive, at first, to all the team building/bonding/ice-breakery, but I'm glad to have met more of the staff and gotten closer to those i knew.

Too many incidents and stories to recount, but I did enjoy the squiggly purple line that took up my entire GPS screen: 30 miles up Big Bear mountain. nausea + pitch black + gusts of fog + occasional spurts of blindness from oncoming car headlights = jolly good time / the opening sequence of Scary Movie 18.

SCENE TWO. EXT. NIGHT.

Humble teens in Toyota Matrix are lost trying to find cabin and pull into rubble driveway of stranger's log home. Shirtless, tattooed-chest, piercings dude walks out, approaches car.

DUDE
What are you guys doing here?

ME
Dougal, get back in the car please!

MICHELLE & RAMEE
This is where we lock our doors.

ME
So sorry, we're lost! (nervous giggle) . . .


Other than that, retreat was a great success. I lost my voice during the Miley dance party including most of films staff + Hannah! + others staring in disgust.

Pirates 2. was as nauseating as the windy road. I'm not sure I wanna staff that one. Sorry, Alex! But I baked the chocolate cake to make up for missing out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tempus fugit. Cliché to say, but it's too true. This is Blue and Gold week already! Week 3! What the...?
Classes, homework, sneak, work, applications, concert, meetings, rally, bonfire, hockey game, going out (if there's even time).

I decided to drop one of my classes so I can focus on others, which has freed up my week. Thus, I'm maybe looking for a second job. I might work at Sprinkles, yes, as in the cupcakes!
Apparently they pay $11/hour. I think it might be perfect because I actually don't adore Sprinkles cupcakes as everyone else seems to, so I can't really get sick of it either way. I'll just treat it as a product to sell. Plus, I get to take home any defect cupcakes, i.e. ones I accidentally press too hard and imprint with my fingers. So it'll be me accidentally touching 8 cupcakes in attempts to grab one. Oopsie daisies!

Netflix continues. I currently have 2046 and Baby Mama. Kar Wai Wong! Tina Fey + Amy Poehler + babies? !



Thanks Jarod.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm just glad you had a good time at retreat!