19 October 2008

all the mavericks in the house put your hands up

so very amusing.

The past few days have been very exciting! I am lucky to have met student filmmakers, and am even more humbled and appreciative that I can help out on their projects. Saturday = CMF filming day. Saw about five different crews scattered around the apartments/campus, all trying to complete the difficult task of having to film their movies in less than a week.

Being involved with their films, regardless of what I was doing, was definitely fun for me and made me realize how much I do want to pursue something on the creative side of filmmaking. That's a lofty goal, but I think it is reasonable enough to achieve successfully within the next ten years or so...
I am so proud of Ty and Alex! Congrats on getting your films made, and congrats on Alaska, Alex! Maybe Palin will make an appearance at the festival and you can all shoo out the foreigners together while admiring Russia.

Reminder: MONDAY OCT. 20th is the last day to postmark any voter registration forms!!! So please register! UCLA is sooooooooo close to winning the campus voter reg so hopefully we can get to #1 after tomorrow. Free Death Cab concert in the future???!

My food stock is running dangerously low. I cooked a lot last week so I'm gonna need to go on a Ralph's run soon. For the most part, having the kitchen is working out well. I just need to buy more balanced foods so I'm not just eating sausage, spam and eggs all week long. That, plus I need to cut down on eating out too much...it hits the checking account hard. On that note, while I was driving to Roscoe's the other night, I discovered that there is a Boston Market nearby. Oh dear...

No comments: