16 November 2009

goodness, more good-ness!

Adventurous good days continue! 

Friday evening, due to a mishap with the print for our $2 Film,--guy accidentally took G.I. JOE print when he came for FANTASTIC MR. FOX. Brakewater messenger fail--I ended up spontaneously visiting Royal/T with Cakes, Mustardseed, and IlyAngela for the Hello Kitty Three Apples event! 
(Note: I thought my Friday evening was dead upon confirming the cancellation of our CEC $2 movie. Cheers to a confident social life.)
Halloween all over again. This evening's specific theme was a Masquerade, which translates, of course, to slutty. I wouldn't be surprised if the next variation was Hello Biker or Hooker Kitty. Times are a changin'...We simply dressed "cutesy" as Hello Kitty might. After a two hour line, we finally entered shrine kitty. Imagine if Hello Kitty threw up all over Las Vegas and you have it. Shockingly, I only spent $10 at the exclusive HK store, but it was on something really dumb. 
Ended with a most nomsome McD's run; devoured a Filet-o-fish, happy meal, sundae and apple pie. No regrets. 

Saturday was a delectable day. Rach drove Jeffries, Conor, George and myself to Westfield Topanga for Jeffreezy's participation in a real-life pie contest!! He entered his banana creme pie among 149 others and stood out in a sea of desperate housewives and ladies who'd probably been baking since childhood with their grandmothers. This was great, though, good publicity as the LA Times reporter followed him around. The contest itself was entertaining. There were legitimate judges, such as Chef Mark Peel, deciding within various categories: cream/custard; savory; interpretive; fruit & nut. The best part...sampling afterward! No shame on being aggressive in the pie mosh to get as many samples and as much variety as possible. 

Today, Rach and I discovered a Hollywood gem. Space 15Twenty on Cahuenga. Not only is it a 13,000 square foot Urban Outfitters (the most gorgeous, fanciest one you can imagine), but it's also a collaborative space with other brands, with pop-up space, galleries, performances, a monthly vintage flea market, one street over from the Hollywood Farmer's Market and other unique events. Dont judge me on this next part. 
Today was the last day to "take additional 50% off all Women's SALE items", thus, I went crazy. I couldn't get the deal out of my mind, especially since it was he last day. There was also the Spike Jonze book launch/Q&A/signing event nearby so I ended up going back to Hollywood with Danny. We had a great time at the signing--ran into Dongyi, Priscilla and friends in line. It was held at FAMILY books, a charming hole-in-the-wall, curated book shop that carries unique and limited print, art, music, dvds. Spike was equally charming, a bit absent-minded, but that pays compliment to his creativity and imagination. Continued my shameless day by asking if he'd come speak at UCLA. Promising!

Back to UO at 15Tweny. In total, I spent $209 on 21 pieces. I KNOW, but I believe that's probably one of the best deals on clothes I've ever gotten, especially at UO. Don't worry, I'm letting the clothes sit in the bag as I stew over everything for a few days. I will review my purchases and most likely make returns. To delude myself, I'm considering today's damage as one stipend check, money I never had and simply won't see.  Also, if you laid out all my purchases, it would look like a tea party for elderly ladies and the matching wallpaper in their nursing home. So worth it. I'm building more and more toward my fancy plan.

Director's meeting and Yogurtland/Nijya trip capped off the night. I've promised several people that I'd try to make it to bed before sunrise, and more specifically, before 3 am. I'm cutting rather close, so goodnight!

No comments: