17 November 2008

weekend update

Technically it's Monday, but whatever.

In about an hour and a half, I'll be watching my fourth, possibly fifth? sunrise of the week. Some may find my ways stupid, some amazing, and others amazingly stupid. A longstanding goal of mine has been to check into a sleep clinic for some serious study. I'd like to think I would make an intriguing test subject.

Besides cleaning, I spent the weekend planning out my life for the umpteenth time.
My ideal schedule for next quarter is set, four classes, doable.
I updated my course plan spreadsheet (xoxo Excel) for the next two years. Whew to graduating on time and to not having to take four classes every quarter!

I'm hoping to get another internship with Film Independent working on the Independent Spirit Awards in February. They only ask for a day a week leading up to the event (and I'm willing to put in at least another) so it shouldn't be too stressful of a workload.

Winter break is looking to be a good time, annual Big Bear trip is set! Last winter was my first time experiencing snow. I know, right? Apparently I have seen snow when I was a baby in Korea, but I don't remember so it doesn't count. Hopefully after having fallen and bruising my butt countless times, snowboarding this year will go much more smoothly. Although, I still can't remember whether I'm regular or goofy. I end up facing front and center at the bottom of the hill either way and when it comes to taking off on a snowboard, my feet seem to be ambidextrous--my fancy way of saying that I haven't figured out which foot is better to start on.

Still researching some round-trip tix to NY for after Big Bear. I'm glad I have lots of family over there and now Kara too! giving me all the more reason to visit besides the fact that East coast = FOOD, glorious food!

As for the summer...what a doozy that's gonna be if all of my plans are realized.
LA Film Fest in June (internship beginning in May) right after school's out, followed by Unicamp (hopefully there is a session early July), Camp Kindle (late July), London travel study (July 31-Aug. 26), and I was hoping to visit Korea but I'd have to go immediately after London if I want to spend at least three weeks there before senior year starts. I can guarantee that this ridiculously ambitious summer plan won't go over well with my parents. Not that they aren't supportive of all these things, but my health comes first and they will freak out about me dying of exhaustion. I am worried too. LAFF is a rather demanding internship, to follow up with two summer camps (physical and mental exhaustion), then try to take Shakespeare for a month in London....Ridic. We'll see what happens.

I SO EXCITE TO SEE DARK KNIGHT FRIDAY!
only four sunrises away!

No comments: