18 September 2008

Tuesday, Wednesday, happy days!

I hate driving. I drove back home from LA on Tuesday. Seconds after getting on the 405, one has to merge right away, or one will get right back off the exit. I pulled a Clueless-type move and did that thing where I looked wayyy over my left shoulder as my car drifted wayyyy right, almost making that exit! Success!

Freeway merging = scary. Everything else is fine.
Toyota Matrix has wonderful gas mileage, but boy, trying to accelerate past 40 is depressing.
If you see me on the freeway, please, be kind and speed up so I may merge behind you. Trust me, it's best for both of us.
- - - - - - - - - -
Disneyland yesterday was such good fun. My pass expired that day, so Steph and I figured we'd make the most of it. We participated in all sorts of shenanigans, climbing things, sneaking a shortcut back into the two minute line of Space Mountain, exiting through the back path of Minnie's house--a lovely spot for pictures if any of you get the chance. This back way led us to the most gigantic cartoonish gates we'd ever seen. It was one of the highlights of the day, not topping the most delicious $3.00 churro. So hot and fresh and sugary sweet! I only noticed after an hour exploring Toontown that so many sugar granules had fallen and stuck to my arms.I really enjoyed that churro.

I'd also never been in Chip 'N Dale's (haha!) Treehouse before. Even after 20 years of going to Disneyland, there are still new things to do. I love that. Although, I'm sure I've already experienced some of these "new" activities when I was younger and my mom would take me to Disneyland almost once a month; Chuck E' Cheese almost every week. So much dedication, I'm very grateful. I do remember that she used to put me on top of the large garbage cans to dance around during the Electrical Parade since she was neither tall nor crazy enough to put a shaking child on her shoulder for the whole duration of that lightfest. I still cannot forgive Disney for taking away the parade, but at least Fantasia is still there. The new parade song, "Welcome" by Phil Collins and the fireworks show have also helped to ease the pain.

Steph and I had quite a day. We ate lunch at the dumpling house in Buena Park before Disneyland, indulged in In-N-Out for dinner, then had the famous fruit shaved ice, or "ghwa-il-bing-soo" if anyone wants to order it sometime in the future.
- - - - - - - - -
Today will be unbelievably busy. Lunch with Noah, finally! Figuring-out-what-to-do-with-apartment session with Kim. We are meeting at a TBD Target location midway between Riverside and elderly folkville where I live.

Steph and I went a little overboard last night and made ridiculous plans for today. Downtown Fullerton in no particular order: Buffalo Exchange, park, museum, open studio at the vintage jewelry store; Streamer's live jazz cafe, testing out the spa attached to Cafe Java Bru? We do wonder how all the asian people come out glowing and looking so fresh as we scarf down our fruity treat.
Trying to accomplish all of these is unrealistic, so we will be winging the activities based on how far and fast our feet take us around downtown.
- - - - - - - - -
Oh wow, the pungent smell of mom's coffee brewing is definitely waking me up, mostly because I find the scent disgusting.
I've got VH1 videos playing on t.v. The string instrumental on "Viva la vida" is oddly inspiring; the song really gets me going for some reason.

It is now 7:45am.
I've stayed up all night and now I'm actually going to take a nap before lunch.
Surprise!!!! Betcha didn't see that coming! Oh, no wait, i've failed miserably like this before. I do need to get in a good nap before I start the day at 10:45am. Today will be hectic but I am excited to see what will happen as I drive all over the place, freeway here, freeway there.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Christine said...

megs! I just found your blog! I'm totally jealous about Disneyland btw =D

~Christine