26 October 2009

Shut down

It finally happened. The body had its last straw. This could very well just be a 24-hour stomach flu that I caught, but I'm taking the current shut down as a cold, hard sign that I need to take care of myself better. The vampire/LMFAO sleep-all-day-play-all-night lifestyle isn't working for me anymore.

The worst part, aside from the constant nausea, is the fact that all I can keep down are saltine crackers and Hatorade. No, I'm not knocked up, but definitely being forced to a diet of one who might be.

Many thanks and much love to my friends who were graciously willing to drop me off at the med center in response to my depressing text this morning. Knowing that there are people out there who wouldn't want to see you die, besides mom and dad, is a huge deal. I say that with any sarcasm removed.

Dad came on-call to visit me today, thus resulting in awkward family story #1834. This time he felt the need to tell the waiter at the Ramen place that "she's having stomach problems so can you make it less greasy and oily?"  Awesome, possum. I already looked and smelled unpleasant, but I know everything they do is out of love.

Oh, and props to Ashe Center for being surprisingly unshady. The doctor who examined me seemed very much together and on top of her game. Gotta love exams. It's like getting asked your very own Inside the Actor's Studio questionnaire, except instead of "What's turns you on" and "What's your favorite curse word" you get stuff about bowel movements and family medical history. I left with a can of Gatorade with a STRAW! Felt like a kid.

This is the worst time to get sick with all the events and midterms coming up. Hopefully I'm good to go for tomorrow night.

This BOONDOCK SAINTS II Sneak and Panel is a big event in terms of complexity to arrange. My gmail thread with the mPRm rep is now at 70 exchanges and counting--T.G.4.GMAIL. Fairly certain I've covered everything: tech checks, studio reps, talent, LA Times & Variety press, and all arriving at different times of course, arranging their parking passes, extra guestlists, limited and still fluctuating seat count, formal panel (which I'm supposed to moderate for a bit..die), print canister lock codes?, arranging delivery/pickup, but it's always down to the actual event and anything can happen. I hope for the best! I would also like to have some Yogurtland afterward. Yeah...that would be nice.

No comments: