28 December 2008

KOST stopped playing holiday music 24/7

:) :/ :(

--In response to Nick's comment on "Oh my": "it's true. if you don't find a man by the time you graduate you automatically become a crazy cat lady. It's in the bible." Thanks, buddy! Let's see, I'm allergic to cats, so that would just make me crazy lady (with hoards of infomercial products).
I'm watching one for Rug Doctor right now. I must have it. Man just poured chocolate syrup on a white carpet, rug doctor sucked it all up. Amazing! Jolly baby rolling around on a carpet with his father narrating the story of how baby was becoming ill from mold that was on the carpet, but thanks to Rug Doctor, baby is healthy. Must have it!

--Don't worry friends, I plan on going MUST LOVE DOGS status and creating online profiles on multiple sites with different personas. My chick flick man is out there, I swear. But what is up with all the chick flicks on every channel, all break long? I sit, watch, laugh, cry, and find myself constantly wonder who actually says that? at every cheesy, disgustingly romantic line the handsome fellas drop. Le sigh.


Recently saw another infomer on these "It's OK to say Merry Christmas to me" stickers that you can buy in a twelve-pack and stick anywhere your heart desires. They stem from the longstanding controversy of various peoples/companies wanting to ban the possibly offensive MC phrase. Seriously, it's just petty and a waste of energy to become upset over what holiday phrase people throw at you nowadays, unless it is dripping with sarcasm, disdain, or accompanied by the finger.

--On a brighter note, dad and I bought the first volume of Disney-Pixar's collection of animated shorts from Costco. Fun! Some I hadn't seen and I've just finished watching them all with director commentary. I really hope to take the animation courses for film before I graduate. Working for Pixar is my special dream job right now. Finally watched CARS with eyes lighting up at the range of color on screen. Absolutely gorgeous. The colors of the balloon bundle in UP alone could keep me in awe for a while.

--I'd almost forgotten about the best perk of being a teacher. Presents! Mom is back teaching at St. Mark's, but it's been a while since we went through all the gifts she received from student at Christmas and end-of-the-year. Times have changed, everything is in the form of gift cards instead of actual gifts. She has a whopping $120 worth of Starbuck's gift cards. If only it were $120 towards Target. Anyway, I tried again, bought a tall white chocolate moca peppermint twist swirl thing, but even all that crap couldn't drown out the bitter taste of the coffee. Bleck! Apparently coffee helps prevent Alzheimer's? (I'll confirm this with wiki later) That's unfortunate for me, but hopefully I play enough word challenge to keep my noggin in tact. Speaking of Starbuck's and Alzheimer's, a Lewis Black classic

--My most notable use of time: Dad has handed down his DSLR! So much fragile power in my clumsy hands. This occurred shortly after he browsed through my snow album and noted that I'd always had a good sense of composition--aw thanks pop! I'm no prodigy, but I have had a knack for arts since I was a toddler, working with origami before I could walk, Fimo claymaking with dad, sketching/drawing, calligraphy (if that counts), I won't include my passion for putting stickers everywhere. As for photography, well I've always appreciated good photography: composition, lighting, focus, but never really pursued it for myself. I just took ridiculous amounts of pictures of anything because I have an unhealthy obsession for memories. I hope to further develop the skill now, it's a lovely hobby. His Nikon weighed a ton and I certainly don't need such a professional camera for the time being. Sony DSLR will do just fine--this A100 is a perfect newbie model. I'm determined to read through the manual and research along the way, since the manual just explains the physicality and not really the art of taking the pictures. If I'm gonna be living in PJs and sweats all break, at least I'll be learning something cool. I'm even slightly inspired to take out old sketchbook and doodle.
Baby steps, baby steps.

No comments: